I am constantly looking for strong candidates with background in computer science, information security or electronic/computer engineering (knowledge of cryptography is desirable, but not essential) to join our team of PhD students. I am particularly interested in supervising high calibre PhD students to work on the following areas:
- Secure Application Execution
- Trusted Execution Environments
- Avionics and Drone Security
- Automotive Security
- Secure Firmware Updates
- Video/Computer Game Anti cheating Mechanisms
- Data Provenance
- Blockchain technologies for traspont, payment, healthcare and IoTs
- Fault Attacks for Virtual Machines in Embedded Platforms
- Mobile Devices and Platform security
- Societal Health, Inclusion and Security
- Machine-to-Machine (M2M)
- Processor and Micro-controller Security
- Embedded Device Security
- Security and Privacy Issues in Crowd based Cloud Computing
- Security and Trust for Swarm Intelligence Architectures
- Gait Based Authentication for Mobile Devices
- Financial Systems and Payment Cards
- Cyber Physical Systems for Security Critical Services
Funding for PhD students is available through the Royal Holloway Centre for Doctoral Training in Cyber Security. For a proposed PhD topic (feel free to suggest alternatives) please follow this link http://www.findaphd.com/search/projectDetails.aspx?PJID=44472. The ideal candidate should have good practical skills (such as experience in software development), communication and team working skills. A strong interest in information security problems that aim to bridge theory and practice in embedded systems, IoTs, trusted execution environments, mobile devices, smart cards and RFIDs is desirable.
Additional funding maybe available through the SCC sponsors. If you have a 2.1 or 1st BSc degree and/or a MSc with distinction in computer science, information security or electronic/computer engineering and you are interested for one of the above research topics please do get in touch.
I will be happy to discuss self-funded/sponsored PhD opportunities.
Please note that currently we have no funding for internships. I will be happy to discuss self-funded internship opportunities on specific, mutually agreed and well-defined research topics.